HOLLYWOOD CHILLS

A glimpse into one actor/writer's life in La-La Land. Part lampoon, part harpoon, all good.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

THE (NEW) LOVE BOAT


I grew up on bad 80's television. (Which explains so much...) One of my pre-pubescent favorites just so happened to be The Love Boat. Despite popluar opinion, it had little to do with Isaac and more to do with the fantastic appeal of perennial happy endings. In concert with such dreams, I'm very happy to announce that my friend Tracey was rescued from the war in Lebanon by the new love boat, an amphibious war ship of the United States military that scooped her, her family, and hundreds of other Americans (and frightened Lebanese) and ushered them to Cyprus. Despite what one may feel about the U.S. government, military, and the war itself, the efforts by the armed forces on the behalf of the many multi-national refugees was (and continues to be) nothing less than heroic. I find myself greatly relieved and humbly grateful. Tracey is now awaiting a plane to the Land of Green (go, Irish!) where she will connect with a diret flight home to Baltimore, Maryland. And I can breathe a sigh of relief and finally write something (instead of obsessively watch Anderson Cooper on CNN). Who doesn't like a happy ending?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home